Recently, TODAY Moms and Parenting.com conducted a survey of 26,000 moms. In the survey, they asked moms to reveal their deepest, darkest secrets about being a mother.
Here are some of the findings of the survey:
· Nearly 1 in 5 moms admits medicating their children to get through a special event;
nearly 1 in 12 medicate to just get some peace and quiet on a regular night
· 85% of moms use their kids to get out of social obligations
· Nearly one in three use work as an excuse to avoid taking care of the kids
· 44% would rather be 15 pounds thinner than add 15 points to their child’s IQ
· 52.6% would rather have a night of uninterrupted sleep than have mind blowing sex
The truth of the matter is being a mother is a full time job. When you add work, community, and church obligations into the mix, then it becomes overwhelming. One mother in the survey wrote, “People frequently remark that I seem to have everything ‘so together.’ I don’t! I find myself crying in the car on my way to work because I am so overwhelmed.” Another mom commented, “I honest to goodness do not like my son most of the time and knowing that KILLS me.”
Does this sound like you? Can you relate to the mothers in the article? Are you overwhelmed with your mommy responsibilities?Ladies, it’s time to confess. What is your deep, dark mommy secret? When motherhood becomes too much for you to handle, what are some of the things that you do to get yourself back into the swing of things?
Here is the link for the article:
Tonya D. Zeigler